- To provide advanced and specialized training on the new SNC-AP model, namely the conceptual structure of public financial information, the financial and budgetary accounting standards, the new models of financial statements and the multidimensional chart of accounts;
- To train and empower the decision-making process in public organisations through training, and technical and scientific improvement in the management accounting field;
- To develop specific knowledge in order to fill specialized positions in public accounting and the administration of public organisations.
- Middle and senior management and directors in the Public Administration;
- Certified accountants, technicians and other professionals working in the area of accounting and finance;
- Graduates and Masters in accounting, finance, taxation, law, soliciting or management who wish to update their knowledge in the field of this postgraduate course;
- Other professionals who aim to specialize in the field of public accounting.
Knowledge, Skills and Competences
- To know and understand all the new accounting standards for public administrations;
- To understand the structure and content of financial statements, and how they are prepared;
- To develop the ability to use management accounting as one of the main instruments to improve the efficiency of public organisations;
- To develop a critical attitude of personal and professional reflection leading to a process of self-training that fits in a perspective of permanent professional improvement.
Fridays | 5 pm – 11 pm
Saturdays | 10 am – 1 pm and 2 pm – 5 pm
Scientific Coordinator – Specialist Ambrósio Teixeira
Specialist in Public Accounting, completion of the 3rd year of the PhD – International Convergence Process in the Financial-Accounting Field at the University of Vigo – Faculty of Economic and Business Sciences; Higher Education Establishment, Master in Business Management – Specialization in Accounting, Economic and Financial Audit. Currently, he is Vice-President of the Regional Government and Parliamentary Affairs, member of the Monitoring Council of the Public Finance Reform of the Autonomous Region of Madeira.
He was also Coordinator of the Implementation Unit of the Public Finances Reform of the Autonomous Region of Madeira.
Former Director of Human Resources Management in the Regional Secretariat for Education, Science and Technology.
PhD candidate in Economic and Business Sciences – University of the Azores.
Specialist in Law. Master in Commercial Management and Marketing. Graduate in Law from the Faculty of Law of Lisbon.
Vice-Director General of ISAL, lecturer, lawyer and member of the Bar Human Rights Committee.