Sustainable Tourism, Hospitality and Tourism Cluster
Following the creation of the Sustainable Tourism Research Group, in 2019, the creation of the line of research Sustainable Tourism, Hospitality and Tourism Cluster aims to promote research in several Tourism and Hospitality areas, namely at the sustainability level in tourism, considering the relevant role played by the hotel sector and its integration into the Tourism Cluster.
Therefore, the line of research Sustainable Tourism, Hospitality and Tourism Cluster enlarges and introduces a multidisciplinary and comprehensive nature regarding the research in the tourism field at ISAL. This line of research aims to promote the development of research in this field, contributing to the excellence of the teaching-learning process at ISAL.
The mission of the line of research Sustainable Tourism, Hospitality and Tourism Cluster is to create and disseminate scientific knowledge according to the highest national and international standards, in the different areas of Tourism, contributing to the progress of society.
This line of research has the following general objectives:
- To encourage research in the field of Tourism in a comprehensive way
- To promote research according to the highest national and international standards
- To contribute to high-quality scientific knowledge
- To promote research within the teaching framework at the national and international undergraduate and postgraduate level
This line of research has the following specific objectives:
- To understand the importance of Sustainable Tourism in the Autonomous Region of Madeira
- To develop solutions for the corporate problems related to sustainable tourism and hospitality
- To create partnerships with relevant players within the sustainable tourism and hospitality domains at the regional, national and international levels
- To promote knowledge at the hospitality level in the Autonomous Region of Madeira
- To boost the competitiveness of the destination Madeira through the Tourism Cluster