Students with Special Educational Needs
ISAL, according to the principles of an Inclusive School, has implemented a set of specific conditions based on the recognition of the right to difference, without relinquishing the normal parameters of demand and quality of the teaching and learning process, intending that all students have an equal and quality education, and that they have access to an education that respects their needs and characteristics, facilitating their transition to active life, so that they are included in society, to which they rightfully belong, with the greatest autonomy and independence.
To achieve this goal, and because all students have the right to make the most of their academic experience, the Support Office for Students with Special Educational Needs was created, whose mission is to provide technical-pedagogical support to students with Special Educational Needs, ensuring the indispensable conditions for their academic success.
The Support Office for Students with Special Educational Needs is responsible for:
- Ensuring the effective and uniform application of the status of Students with Special Educational Needs.
- Promoting accessibility in the whole institution: buildings, information and learning management systems, and institutional sites.
- Producing, identifying and making accessible information available.
- Contributing to the promotion of policies of diversity inclusion in national Higher Education Institutions.
- Contributing to research and development in the field of inclusion and universal design.
The rights of Students with Special Educational Needs are enshrined in the Students with Special Educational Needs Regulation